The Rastila camping site has great camping services and a pleasant environment. There is a cosy restaurant and a public beach in the area, and in the summer, the City organises park exercise sessions once a week. Next to Rastila there are outdoor trails offering a refreshing tour in local nature.
The camping site is located next to a metro station, and the journey by the direct metro line to the centre of Helsinki takes only 20 minutes. The area has excellent connections to the Linnanmäki amusement park, Helsinki Zoo, Suomenlinna, ports and shopping areas, for example.
Camping site services and activities for customers
- Two playrooms
- Two playgrounds outdoors
TV room and Wi-Fi
- The TV room is available to customers during reception opening hours.
- Free Wi-Fi. Covers only part of the site, the best connection is near the reception.
- Open Wi-Fi connection in the cottages and cabins.
- The camping site has four saunas. The saunas can be reserved for personal use at the reception.
- During the summer season, there are a few public sauna shifts every week.
Rastila public beach
The City of Helsinki’s beach is next to the camping site.
Helsingin Latu ja Polku ry maintains a winter swimming place in Rastila in the winter season. Using the winter swimming place requires being a member of the association.
Exercise and games
- During the summer season, the City of Helsinki organises free park exercise sessions open to all on the grass field next to the camping site.
- Board and ball games can be borrowed from the reception against a deposit.
Restaurant Cafe Monami
- Cafe Monami, located in the cosy Rastila Manor house, serves lunch and café products. Cafe Monami (cafemonami.fi)
- Our barbecue places are only intended for camping site customers.
- Firewood can be bought at the reception, price for camping site customers €6/bag.
Please note! The use of disposable barbecues at the camping site is completely prohibited.
One of the service buildings has a kitchen that is in use all year round. During the summer season, there are outdoor kitchens in the other service buildings. For details, see the section Service buildings below.
Those staying at the camping site have access to four service buildings. They are equipped with toilets, an accessible toilet and showers.
The kitchens have a hot plate, a microwave, a kettle and coffee maker, and a fridge with a freezer compartment. In the laundry facilities, you will find washing machines and dryers. Laundry is subject to a charge, the token can be purchased at the reception of the camping site.
The service buildings are in use all year round, also during the winter season.
Chemical toilet disposal
- Chemical toilet and greywater disposal and refilling of water are free for customers staying at the camping site.
- For others, the price is €3/visit. Payment at the reception in advance. Please come at least 15 minutes before the closing time of the reception.
The camping site is easily accessible with both your own vehicle and public transport.
- The Rastila metro station is located right next to the site, and tickets for public transport can be purchased from the ticket machine at the station or at Rastila’s S-Market store. The journey to the centre of Helsinki by metro takes 20 minutes.
- Parking is free for the residents of the area. Car park: Camping site map (pdf)
- There is no possibility to charge an electric vehicle at the camping site.
A traditional Finnish barn from the 18th century. The barn exudes genuine rural charm and offers an unforgettable venue for small private events and meetings.
- The space is suitable for approximately 15–20 persons (size approximately 60 m²)
- Interior: benches, small tables, microwave oven, fridge and outdoor toilet
- No heating
- Price €27/hour, €105/day
Manor house field
- A grass field suitable for organising small events. The terms and conditions of use of the area are agreed upon separately.
- Price from €100/day, pricing depends on the event
Four different electrically heated saunas for different needs. Some of the saunas are located on the seashore, providing the opportunity to go swimming in the summer. Barbecuing is possible in some of the saunas. The saunas have room for 1–20 persons. Learn more about the saunas.
Photos in the photo gallery: Henrik Edlund, Maarit Hohteri, Jonna Pennanen and Lauri Rotko .